Wonton soup 😋
Recipe (yields 30-40 wontons)
– Wonton wrappers, thaw at room temperature (very important)
– 4 cups (400g) Napa cabbage, chopped (or sub with cabbage/bok choy)
– 7oz (200g) firm tofu – pressed, then cubed/mashed & pan-fried
– 1 small carrot, chopped
– 4oz (200g) mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
– 2 teaspoons grated ginger
– 1 bundle (38g) mung bean thread, soaked in hot water until soft & cut into tiny threads
– a handful of chopped scallions/cilantro
– oil for cooking, salt
– blanched greens (used bok choy)
🌱Seasoning: 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, oil, white pepper & salt to taste
🌱Soup: Homemade/veggie stock seasoned with chopped scallions, mushrooms seasoning, fried shallots & white pepper
✅Place julienned Napa cabbage in a large bowl & gently massage it with 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
✅Meanwhile, in a heated non-stick pan with 3 teaspoons oil, sauté mushrooms & ginger until fragrant. Add the carrot, tofu & continue to cook for another minute or so (If using regular cabbage, add them here). Season mixture with soy sauce or salt, sesame oil & white pepper.
✅Using a cheesecloth bag or with your palms, squeeze the Napa cabbage to remove all liquid. Add them in a bowl along with the tofu mixture, mung bean threads, chopped scallions & mix until well combined. Taste test & season if needed.
✅To make the wonton, place a wrapper in one hand & add a spoonful of filling in the center of the wrapper. Using your finger, wet the edges with water. Bring all the edges together to seal it, pressing out any air bubbles...
💗 Tag someone👇
Follow 👉 vegan.recipe.video
Wonton soup 😋