Saffron Wreath with Date Filling✨ So delicious and festive, fun to make as well! Hope you’re enjoying this Sunday, I’ve had an amazing weekend🥰 so grateful for all the little things atm🙏🏽✨ Sending much Love❤️, Seyran
RECIPE (2 wreaths) By legallyplantbased
200 g vegan butter, melted
500 ml oat milk
1 g ground saffron threads
14 g dry yeast
100 g unrefined cane sugar
1 tsp salt
840 g all-purpose flour
200 g date paste (or 200 g pitted medjool dates soaked in hot water ~20 min)
200 g Vegan butter
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cloves
For brushing (mix in a bowl):
50 ml oat milk
1 tbsp agave syrup
powdered sugar (optional)
Sugar syrup (heat in pan and stir until sugar has dissolved, set aside):
50 ml water
50 g unrefined cane sugar
– Mix saffron with milk & heat until finger warm.
– Place yeast in the stand mixer bowl and dissolve it with saffron milk and butter, add sugar and mix well. Add salt and 1/3 of the flour and beat until just combined.
– Slowly add remaining flour, knead on medium-high speed for 10 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth, don’t add more flour unless very sticky
– Form a ball and put back in the bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for ~1 hour
– Divide the dough into two balls, on a lightly floured surface roll them (one at a time) to ~40×30 cm rectangles. Dough will be soft but shouldn’t be too sticky
– Mix filling ingredients in a food processor and spread the filling evenly on top of the dough, then roll it up from the long side and pinch to seal.
– Cut the log in half lengthwise and twist them around each other (cut side facing up so you see all the layers). Place it on a lined sheet and form a circle by bringing the two ends together and tuck under.
– Cover and let rise ~45-60 minutes.
– Brush with oat milk, sprinkle with almonds and bake at 200 °C / 400°F for ~16-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
– Brush with syrup immediately after removed from oven (this step will lock in moisture).
– Optional: top with powdered sugar.